Inferno: Nostos arrives this summer!
The Inferno Team would like to officially announce that Inferno: Nostos, the 10th anniversary remake of the original Inferno: Release 1 will be launching this summer 2013 in time for the 10th anniversary of the original R1 release. The conclusion of the campaign from the arrival of the Gigas onwards will be a seperate release at a later date to allow us to push the quality of the conclusion to maximum.
- Complete standalone mod package that doesn't require the original FS2 Retail or Media VPs to run
- Improved missions from the original R1 and more brand new missions, more than doubling the original R1 campaign length
- One of the largest modpack fleets ever assembled surpassing the original FS2 retail ship limits
- Improved HTL versions of R1 models and many more new ones
- Brand new weapon effects and new weapon designs as well as revamped R1 classics
- Several new music tracks as well as upgraded R1 music
FSOpen 3.6.14 Inferno build or higher (Windows build included in download)
Differences to R1
- General Quality increase in the main campaign, both Freding and story wise
- New ships and some ships replaced
- Inclusion of more FS2 era assets such as the Deimos
- Campaign increased from 14 to 30 missions
- Surviving R1 mission brought up to the standard of the new ones (note: not all R1 missions are in the new campaign)
- Campaign ends with the end of the EA war and not the arrival of the Gigas
Below is a complete list of the contents of the Nostos ship.tbl split into FS1/2 Retail ships, ships that were in INFR1 and ships that are not from FS2 and INFR1.
Note that this list is not final and so may have a few additional changes before the summer release.
GTB Artemis ADv
Shivan Comm Node
GTF Perseus ADv
EAF Claymore Mark II
GTF Hercules Mark III
Terran Comm Station
EAF Claymore Mark III
Q. What happened to the Gigas and Icanus?
A. The Gigas model is incomplete and the Icanus has not been started, since these will cause a large delay they have been removed for now and will be included in the 2nd release.
Q. What happened to the super carriers?
A. Gone and probably won't be coming back, the smaller carriers will have a larger role instead.
Q. Why are there few Vasudan ships?
A. The Vasudan fleet is still being worked on and most of it isn't required till the latter half of the campaign, to allow more time to bring these up to quality unused Vasudan assets will not be included in the first release.
Missions are around 2/3rds fully complete with most missions 1-20 in final bug testing phase and the rest in progress.
Models we are waiting on the final 10 HTL models, most are in the final modelling phase or in the texturing phase.
Q. Do we require testers?
A. Not at this point in time no.
Q. Could we use some help in other areas?
A. We could really use anyone who has experience in model convertion using either 3DS Max or Blender, we could also possibly use an artist capable of designing a high quality EA logo or CB animations.